HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS
Cynthia represents health care providers, including brick-and-mortar, home health agencies, and other new delivery model providers, as outside general counsel or on an issue-by-issue basis. She also represents providers in court cases and in dispute resolution through arbitrations, mediations, or information settlement discussions. Her clients include both start-ups and later-stage companies.
She counsels these businesses and their owners with respect to:
- Employment and independent contractor agreements;
- Contracts, such as vendor contracts and agreements with payers;
- Business Associate agreements;
- Compliance matters (including, by way of example, those that concern HIPAA, HITECH, STARK, payer relationships, licensure requirements, and privacy laws.
- strategic or long-range plans;
- dispute resolution; and
- crisis management.
With many years of healthcare-related legal experience, Cynthia efficiently and strategically drafts agreements customized for her client’s unique needs, including vendor agreements, employment or independent contractor agreements, and business associate agreements.
Cynthia has significant experience navigating the ever-growing and complex compliance and privacy issues confronting healthcare providers and healthcare technology companies, which allows her to provide insightful and forward-thinking advisory services in these areas.
Cynthia also brings to her representation of healthcare providers a keen understanding of the operational, contractual, economic, and regulatory issues facing those who operate in this industry, gleaned from more than ten years of experience representing healthcare clients and, more generally, several decades of experience as a business lawyer and litigator.
With respect to dispute resolution and risk management matters, Cynthia brings to her representations four decades of experience as a business litigator, handling small and larger “bet your company” cases for small and large businesses. Read more here.
Representative Matters for Health Care Providers
- Outside General Counsel for several health care providers or provider groups, including drafting and negotiating vendor agreements, counseling on employment matters, and providing compliance and privacy-related counsel.
- Outside General Counsel for growing health care start-up, beginning with ideation and formation, including structuring of entity and affiliates, counseling on governance, and Series A funding, employment matters, and equity plans, drafting employment and restrictive covenants agreements, drafting custom customer and vendor agreements, business associate agreements and data use agreements, representation at board meetings, providing compliance and privacy counsel, and drafting privacy policies.
- Outside General Counsel for a highly successful, growing, cutting-edge company in the Health Care/IT industry, beginning with start-up and continuing through its growth into a thriving, prosperous mid-life company and acquisition by a publicly traded company, providing advice to management on a daily basis regarding a full array of business issues.